Friday, October 14, 2011

My Fiddle

When I posted on violins, I didn't have any good pictures of my fiddle.  I finally remembered to take some and I wanted to share then with you!  So, here is my awesome fiddle!!!!  :)



"The music comes from the fiddler's heart, through his strings and straight into your heart." -Father John Angus Rankin, Cape Breton musician

  



"Friends are like fiddle strings; they must not be screwed too tight. " -H. G. Bohn



"It is all about the bow, it is like a paintbrush." David Game


"We consider the man who can fiddle all through one of those Virginia reels without losing his grip, may be depended upon in any kind of emergency." -Mark Twain


"I insist on your neither piping nor fiddling yourself. It puts a gentleman in a very frivolous, contemptible light.... Few things would mortify me more than to see you bearing a part in a concert, with a fiddle under your chin, or a pipe in your mouth". - Philip Dormer Stanhope of Chesterfield 




"If I descended by parachute on to a country unknown to me, without my violin, with no money, and unable to speak the local language, I don't know how long I could survive. That would be a real test - one that I am not particularly keen to try!" - Yehudi Menuhin





No comments:

Post a Comment