Monday, November 7, 2011

MANDOLIN!!!!!

A few weeks ago my fiddle teacher let me use her new mandolin and I instantly fell in love with it.  Ever since I have been trying to figure out how to get one without spending a fortune on *cough* another instrument.  :)  Well, yesterday something amazing happened!  My pastor gave me his practically unused mandolin!  It is an Eastman F-style.  Sooo, awesome!  Here it is :





 This is even a dark colored mandolin which makes it even better.  (I happen to love dark colored instruments)  I have already learned several chords including: G, D, C, A, Am, and Em.  If you don't know, the fingering on the mandolin is the same as the fiddle but, you have frets on the neck of the mandolin.  So for me, its not that hard to get used to playing.  I haven't really worked on learning any specific tunes, mostly just playing some of my fiddle tunes.  But, I hope to get working on some soon!!! 

2 comments: